Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ok. Need a topic. Food maybe? Ok Go!

I am on a thing now where I want to write something new every single day.  I do it like this.  I pretend I have fans on this thing, so I can't let them down!  They need my musings on things in their lives, so I must write something new every day!  They would lead less fulfilled lives if deprived of my stuff.   I feel very self-sacrificing now.  Very unselfish.  And here.....we....go (Joker voice...love Dark Knight).

You know what grinds my gears?  Not enough people eat peanut-butter, banana and mayo sandwiches.  This travesty has gone on long enough.  I am tired of being treated like a villain or mad scientist every time I eat one of these phenomenal concoctions of the culinary world.  And making it is so simple!  Peanut butter.  Who doesn't like this?  Maybe people with peanut allergies....you are excused.  Bananas.  Excellent source of Potassium and energy.  Plus, you can make wiener jokes with them.  It's a toy AND food.  Mayo.  Now here's where it gets tricky.

People have been having the mayonnaise debate since the dawn of time.  One of the great arguments left out of the Bible was between Adam and Eve. 

Eve: "Hey honey, could you grab the mayonnaise for me?"

Adam: "All we have is Miracle whip"

Eve: "Yeah, I bought it.  I love it."

Adam: "But God told us not to eat Miracle Whip.  It is a sin."

Eve: "God won't know, you can't even taste the difference."

Adam: "Really?  Cool, make me a sandwich too."

So Eve makes the sandwich, they both eat, and BAM!!!  Kicked out of the garden.  God knows what is best.  He doesn't want us eating that nasty mayonnaise substitute.  Real mayo is fantastic.  YES YOU CAN TASTE THE DIFFERENCE!  YES YOU CAN!  You wouldn't eat a pile of dog poo if Filet Mignon was readily available for the same price would you?  No.  You would not.  And if you would, I don't want you eating my favorite sandwich, because I don't want people thinking I have the same taste in food as the poop-eater.

Anyway, back on track.  With these three fantastic ingredients, how could a sandwich go wrong?  The majority of nay-sayers to this lovely food have never even tried it.  They are so appalled that fruit, mayo and peanut butter would be combined that they turn their nose up at the mere sight of it.  Try it though!  It's so good!  White bread, wheat bread, go your own way.  Experiment!  Maybe throw some potato chips in there.  Go crazy!  I won't judge you for potato chips. I used to do it too!  Just no salt and vinegar.  Gross.

5 comments:

  1. You DO have fans on this thing and yes, you can't let us down..I promise you more people read then actually 'follow'. There are tons of people who never comment, I think only other bloggers comment. Go to your analytics/traffic in your dashboard and see how many people have come to your website..you'll be shocked :)

    LOVE your post..Josh always tries to get me to eat PB/Mayo/Banana sandwiches..yuckie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're good, woman! And you will learn to eat them, like them, and beg for them for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe one day they may be used as currency

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am one of Josh's preceptors. Good post. Love PB/Banana/Mayo but my wife also tries to disrespect the combo. Something bout how PB/Ban is OK and Ban/Mayo is OK but not all 3 -- She just doesn't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...