Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Blues, Fear Not, Home, and Bonnaroo!

Ok so my child sneaked a coffee bean tonight.  Side note, I thought "snuck" was the right word, but apparently "sneaked" is the word to use....thanks google.  Anyway, Isabelle at a coffee bean and hopefully will go to sleep sometime in the next decade.  She should be asleep around the time we get her training bra picked out.  Maybe she'll doze off in time to get some beauty sleep before prom.  I was very worried, but a big shout out to google again....she'll be fine other than being wired and having a stomach ache.  She's finally down now, and hopefully will stay that way.  Time to get some good creative writing in.

The artists for Bonnaroo should be announced sometime in the next two weeks and I would like to talk about a couple bands I LOVE right now called Le Loup and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros who I really hope will be there. 

Le Loup has apparently been around since 2006.  Thanks to Pandora, I heard them this year and fell in love!  Their sound is comparable to Sufjan Stevens, Arcade Fire mixed with maybe Animal Collective......and throw a banjo in there.  It's so weird to hear electronic rhythm with a banjo and bluegrassy tone mixed in.  It's amazing in my opinion and I encourage each and every one of you to listen to their stuff.  Here's a couple of my favorites of theirs. 



The sky at the end in awesome. 

On to Edward Sharpe.  These guys are the epitome of any traveling hippie band you have ever seen, heard, or thought of.  I've never seen them clean.  Never even seen them in clean clothes.  The lead guy bares a striking resemblance to what you would imagine Jesus sounds like, and the music they make I would assume pleases Jesus a great deal.  It is great to me.  They played Bonnaroo in 2010 I believe and I would have killed to know them then.  Here are a couple of my favorites of theirs.  You may recognize a couple of the tunes from commercials or movies.





And here is a live version of these two songs and one more called "Janglin" they did for NPR in their office....not a studio haha, but they jammed it.


Other bands that are rumored to be there this year include headliners like Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Radiohead.  Either one of these bands would be worth it.  The Roots and Das Racist are also in the mix.  We'll see.  I'm very excited to say the least.  Never been more excited to be dirty and camp out for 4 days, but I have never had more fun.

Here are some clips from last year's festival.  We will be setting up like this next year hopefully haha.  This dude is a pro.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...