Monday, July 25, 2011

Hate Spiral

Ok, I am so so sorry for the break between posts.  Been going through a bit of life lately, but I'm back.

I have to admit that today's post, though drawn straight out of my day today, is brought to you by a topic from Hyperbole and a Half.  If you haven't read her stuff, it is absolutely hilarious.  One of her better posts is called Sneaky Hate Spiral and that is the focus of today's rant.

Today started out like any other day.  Rolled my lazy butt out of bed, played some black ops, and got ready for work.  By the way, Black Ops is my shit.  And I am a monster.  Like the Angel of Death for those little video game bodies.

I walked into work a little irritated, just because it is Monday.  And Monday means beer liquor and wine inventory.  Ever go to work, or anywhere really, and it just seems like there is just a cloud of aggravation over the entire place?  That was today at the restaurant.  I felt like Ashton Kutcher had somehow replaced my restaurant with a replica restaurant and sent each and every server, bartender, and guest there specifically to push my buttons.  For those of you who lived under a rock in the early 2000's, that is a Punk'd reference. 

It just seemed like everything all night long that could have gone wrong did.

"The lady said she wanted extra cheese." (small annoyance)

"Can I go smoke?"  (no.)

"I know I rang in a well done steak....I forgot he said medium rare..."  (seriously??)

"Oops, I just broke 3 glasses and spilled soup!"  (here it comes)

"Hey Bo, mind if i take a smoke break?"  (you can not smoke right now)

"I know you just boxed that up to go, but the lady wants it to eat here now. :)"  (GAH)

"Can I smoke?" no  "Can I smoke?" no!  "Can I smoke??"  NO!  "Pleeeeaaasseeee???"  .....ok

"This dude doesn't want to pay for his drink, even though it is what he ordered" (...)

Then it happened......

"My steak was undercooked...."

  And that is when the Sneaky Hate Spiral hit me like a ton of bricks.  The worst part is, the guy was absolutely right.  His steak was undercooked, it was our fault, and he was well within his rights to ask for the steak to be brought up to his liking.  But I am standing on the edge of Hate Canyon, so.......BAM!  And at this point everyone near me becomes a potential target for my tremendous pouring out of the aggravation I have been storing inside me all day.  So I need a place to chill out before I say or do something retarded to an undeserving server.

And where is a great place to cool off in a restaurant??  THE FREEZER.  Best place on earth if you are either a frozen good or a person who is pissed off.  And the only reason to come out of there is: 1. Hypothermia, or 2.  Because the cold air made you have to pee (which is usually right as you enter).  Man, I could sleep in there.

The freezer helped a little, but the thing that really pulled me out was this:

A picture of my sweet little girl

2 comments:

  1. HAhahah that seems to be every Monday for me, I hate everyone and everyone gets on my nerves! :)

    So glad baby Belle could make it all better. Who couldn't get out of a mood after seeing that lil face? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...